Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Tidbits

Thanksgiving has come and gone and was wonderful!

For the second year in a row, I made dinner for our little family but this year we also had Grandma and Grandpa and Uncles Bryan and David join us.  It was nice to have them in our home and share the night with them.

Today, we had dinner with our extended family.  Crazy as usual!  Tons of kids running around, basketball going on in the gym while some still ate, dodging the flying balls!
The best part was Ben trying to join the big boys in a game of basketball.  They let him play for a bit and it was sweet to watch!

Emma, of course, would not leave our side.  She discovered that she really likes jellied cranberry sauce.  She kept stealing it from my plate!

I have so much to be grateful for this year.
Patrice~ my rock.
Ben and Emma~ my precious angels
My parents and siblings and their families.  My family who loves me in spite of me!  :)
Nieces and nephews who I adore!
 A warm but small and always cluttered home.
The simple fact that although we may not have alot, we always seem to have enough, 
with just a little sacrifice!

I'm grateful for the big things but the little things are what bring me the most joy~
*leg hugs!
*2 lttle voices calling me "Mama"
*warm new clothes for my children
*the kindness of strangers
*the perfect Autumn weather that we are enjoying
*a husband that kisses me often throughout the day
*curling up with my kiddo's under a blanket to read 
*Ben saying a new word~ "horse"
*Emma saying "hippopotamus"!

Last of all, and this is another big one.  I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ which brings me happiness and peace in my life.  I'm grateful my Savior and His love.  I'm grateful for the scriptures which though written so long ago, speaks to me so clearly today.  I'm grateful to know my prayers are heard and answered by a very loving Heavenly Father.  I'm grateful for temples which provide a sanctuary from the world.  I'm grateful for forever families.

Most of all, I'm grateful to have a husband that loves me so much that he wants to be with me forever.  On January 10, 2012, our third anniversary, Patrice is taking our little family to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple where we will be sealed as a forever family.  

My dream finally come true. 
And for that, I am the most grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some comment love!